Choosing a Facility
We look forward to serving you!
A Culture of Compassion,
An Inspiration in Care
Healthcare facilities are an important part of the continuum of care following a stay in an acute care hospital. Once it has been determined that you or your loved one needs nursing or rehabilitation care, the next step is to find the right place to receive the right care.
Mission Skilled Nursing & Subacute Center is the best short-term “next step” for patients who need to get stronger to ensure a safe transition home after an acute stay.
Although the available medical services are indeed important, it is also very important to determine if a healthcare facility will meet the emotional and social needs of you or your loved one. Facilities, such as Mission Skilled Nursing & Subacute Center, are designed as a “community” where residents feel comfortable and safe and offer residents choices while providing the individualized care and treatment they need, promoting return to function, and improving quality of life.
Other helpful information includes financial guidance, an understanding of the admissions process, and how to prepare for your stay as well as how to prepare for your return home.
Checklist for Choosing a Facility
Although a facility’s medical services are vital to the decision-making process, there are some other important aspects of a healthcare facility that should be kept in mind.
Listed below are some questions that you may find helpful:
- Do they offer admissions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?
- Is the facility clean?
- Do the services and amenities meet the needs of your loved one?
- Is the staff attentive to residents’ needs? Are they courteous?
- Are there activity programs interesting? Do they encourage community involvement?
- Is the food appetizing? Are residents offered a choice of meals?
- Is the dining atmosphere pleasant?
- Are the building(s) and grounds well-maintained?
- Is family involvement encouraged and supported?
- May family members may visit at any time?
- Are the residents’ rooms comfortable and well-lit?
- Is the environment “home-like”?
- Do residents have access to a phone and/or phone hook-up?
- Is there a focus on dignity and quality of life?
- Is the residents’ privacy protected?
- Are the rates competitive?
- Does the facility offer pre-admission and financial counseling?
- Does the facility have Therapy 7 days per week?
- What is the 5-star rating for Quality?